Have you ever wondered about what it’s like to be a sexologist? How is being a sexologist or any other sexuality professional (sex coach, sex therapist) different from other types of therapists and healthcare professionals? Does being a sexologist mean you have a crazy and kinky sex life? How can this job affect your dating experiences?
The time has come for something a little bit different from the usual Get Sex Smart podcast episode. This time Dr. Valeria and I tell you everything there is to know… about our job.
Tune in as we discuss all there is to know about our line of work – the good, the bad, and the ugly. In Episode 39 you will get a behind-the-scenes look at the joys and challenges we face as sexuality professionals. By listening to this podcast you will learn:
- What it takes to actually become a sexologist and what skills are necessary
- What it means to hold space and why it is crucial in our line of work
- Some common assumptions and reactions that sexuality professionals have to face in their daily life
- The challenges of dating as a sexuality professional
- What our work consists of and what you can expect from a session
- Some of the most frequent issues that people come to us with
- Things to keep in mind when considering becoming a sexologist
- Safety concerns and precautions sexologists need to take
If you have any burning questions related to dating, sex, and relationships, don’t forget to share them below!
Feeling shy? You can always send the questions in complete confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. I read every email, and your question may be answered in an upcoming post, video, or podcast!
Want to be kept in the loop and learn more awesome dating tips? Subscribe to my newsletter and never miss an episode!