Why Do Men Send Them?
Receiving unsolicited “dick pics” has become such a common experience that nearly every woman who tries online dating ends up with a collection of penis pics she never asked for. Intrestingly, women’s negative reactions to these messages have done little to curb the phenomenon, making us wonder: why are men so keen on sharing photos of their penises with unsuspecting women? In order to find the answer, Dr. Valeria and I dug into literature on the topic and combined it with both our professional knowledge and personal experiences as women who date men. The result was this podcast episode, in which we list and discuss the most common reasons why men send dick pics and how this might affect their chances of success.
Listen to Episode 88 of the Get Sex Smart podcast to find out:
- the main reasons why men send dick pics;
- whether the motivations are ever malicious or it’s just a case of cluelessness or a failure of empathy;
- what men get out of sending them and why they continue to do it even when faced with negative reactions;
- what role men’s relationship with their penises plays in this phenomenon;
- why sending dick pics might be a way to avoid anxiety for some men and what can be done instead;
- how instantly available porn might be connected to this phenomenon;
- gender differences in reactions to unsolicited nudes and the reason behind them;
- stories of our own experiences with receiving unsolicited dick pics;
- what to do instead of sending these pictures, especially if you’re looking for hookups.
If you have any burning questions related to dating, sex, and relationships, don’t forget to share them below!
Feeling shy? You can always send the questions in complete confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. I read every email, and your question may be answered in an upcoming post, video, or podcast!
Want to be kept in the loop and learn more awesome dating tips? Subscribe to my newsletter and never miss an episode!