Browsing through the internet you have surely come across numerous articles highlighting the health and relationship benefits of having an active sex life with one’s partners. However one thing that is not discussed (or researched) as often is the impact that regular sex might have on other, less directly connected areas of our lives. Although common sense would dictate that our sex lives are likely to spill over into seemingly unrelated fields, so far the data has been scarce. Filling this gap is a study published in 2017 by the Journal of Management, which demonstrates that having sex can help you perform better at work. In particular, the researchers found that employees who have had sex at home the day before reported feeling good at work the next day, as well as feeling more engaged and performing better. In this episode, Dr. Valeria and I take a closer look at the study and discuss its potential for improving both our work lives and our sex lives.
Give Episode 86 a listen to find out:
- the details on the methodology of the study and its results;
- about the two-way feedback loop between our work and sex lives;
- whether or not there was any differences between men and women and if the quality of sex matters;
- how sexual confusion and lack of comprehensive sexual education can impact the workplace;
- how companies can improve their workers’ productivity and engagement by recognizing and taking advantage of this connection and the amusing story of one Swedish town’s attempt to do so.
If you have any burning questions related to dating, sex, and relationships, don’t forget to share them below!
Feeling shy? You can always send the questions in complete confidence to email@example.com. I read every email, and your question may be answered in an upcoming post, video, or podcast!
Want to be kept in the loop and learn more awesome dating tips? Subscribe to my newsletter and never miss an episode!