Technological progress isn’t limited only to devices such as smartphones – it also affects the field of sexuality with every week bringing new sex-related innovations and discoveries. Although given how dynamically this field is evolving, one podcast episode is only enough to “scratch the surface”, Dr. Valeria and I decided to talk about five such innovations which caught our attention and which show potential for being helpful, interesting, and even a bit controversial. The innovations include a new online STI testing app; a streaming-based online sex ed school; an invention that aims to normalize sexual desire by applying electro-stimulation to the brain; and two groundbreaking sex toys. Tune in to Episode 80 of the Get Sex Smart Podcast to find out:
- how sex toys and apps can affect accessibility
- an easy way to get tested for STIs and share your results wth partners
- how to access reliable sexual education which includes the perspectives of queer people and people of color – regardless of your location
- what biohacking is and how you can use it to impact your libido
- the impact new technologies have on what is considered normal or pathological in the field of human sexuality
- how you can simulate rimming (analingus) with just a toy
- the way sex-related apps can impact our communication skills
Biem, STI testing app: http://biemteam.com
BrainStim by Liberos: https://liberoscenter.com/brainstim-2/
Eva II, hands-free vibrator: https://www.dameproducts.com/products/eva
b-Vibe rimming plug: https://www.bvibe.com/vibrating-anal-toys/rimming-plug-2.html
If you have any burning questions related to dating, sex, and relationships, don’t forget to share them below!
Feeling shy? You can always send the questions in complete confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. I read every email, and your question may be answered in an upcoming post, video, or podcast!
Want to be kept in the loop and learn more awesome dating tips? Subscribe to my newsletter and never miss an episode!