Given the mythology surrounding virginity in our culture, it is not surprising that for many adult virgins (meaning people who are in their late 20s or older), losing their virginity ASAP is a BIG deal. The same can go for their sexual partners, who might feel pressure to make sure that that first experience is perfect and memorable. This is all despite the fact that studies show up to 10% of all adults are virgins.
So if you or your partner (or both!) are a virgin, remember you are not alone – and you have come to the right place because in this episode of the Get Sex Smart podcast Dr. Valeria and I share everything there is to know about adult virgins, losing one’s virginity later in life and what you can do to make the experience wonderful for both of you.
In Episode 74 you will learn:
- the reason many adult virgins see themselves and their virginity as undersireable
- why adult virgins often want a more experienced partner
- why it is useful to question what we mean by virginity and what “counts” as losing one’s virginity in our society
- how to create a safe environment for a partner who is a virgin
- the dangers of tunnel vision and focusing solely on losing one’s virginity and what you can focus on instead
- what it means to “de-escalate yourself” and how you can do it
- what you can get out of having sex with a virgin even as an experienced lover
- the tools that will help you reduce pressure and facilitate communication with someone inexperienced
- what you should and shouldn’t expect from your first time
If you have any burning questions related to dating, sex, and relationships, don’t forget to share them below!
Feeling shy? You can always send the questions in complete confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. I read every email, and your question may be answered in an upcoming post, video, or podcast!
Want to be kept in the loop and learn more awesome dating tips? Subscribe to my newsletter and never miss an episode!