Break-ups – they’re an integral part of dating and relationships and unfortunately impossible to avoid. Dating is always a bit of a challenge – especially nowadays with so much of it happening online or over text.
Like most of us, you probably have some break-up stories to tell. You may have been in relationships that ended abruptly and painfully, or alternatively ones that never seemed to really have a definitive end. Maybe your partner or date started freezing you out. Or maybe they seem to have fallen off the face of the Earth altogether.
Regardless of your background and personal experiences, you probably know that break-ups can suck. Whenever feelings (and the potential for hurting them) are involved, things can get messy. And dealing with break-ups gracefully (no matter which side you’re on) takes a lot of skill and practice.
This is why Dr. Valeria and I decided to make Episode 26 of the Get Sex Smart podcast all about ending relationships.
In it we discuss:
- the four main ways of breaking things off (only one of which we recommend)
- icing and simmering (no, we haven’t turned into a cooking show)
- how to tell whether someone is ghosting you or actually busy
- how to decide when enough is enough and break things off
- steps you can take to make sure the painful endings don’t happen to you
- ways to reframe your thinking about breakups
- the breakup method we recommend
If you have any burning questions related to dating, sex, and relationships, don’t forget to share them below!
Feeling shy? You can always send the questions in complete confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. I read every email, and your question may be answered in an upcoming post, video, or podcast!
Want to be kept in the loop and learn more awesome dating tips? Subscribe to my newsletter and never miss an episode!