In the age of easy access to internet porn, anal sex has become fairly commonplace. It is no longer considered niche, as growing numbers of people add it to their bedroom menus. Still, the taboos and myths surrounding anal sex persist, making it difficult to find reliable information and tips for those who want to dip their toes into the world of backdoor pleasures.
Without proper preparation and knowledge, anal sex can easily turn into an unpleasant experience. We decided to give anal sex some special attention on the Get Sex Smart podcast.
In this first episode (of many) dedicated to the art and science of anal sex, Dr. Valeria and I share some general tips and strategies on how to explore anal play and have a great experience. This episode makes for a great primer for anyone who is curious about trying out buttplay, alone or with a partner!
In Episode 49 you will learn:
- why anal sex can (but doesn’t have to) hurt
- what sensations are red flags and signs you need to slow down
- the science behind why anal play can be so pleasurable
- the right lube and toys for anal
- the do’s and don’ts of anal
- all about sphincters and how they work
- what you need to communicate and discuss before starting play
- what to do if something is painful
- why enemas are a bad idea and some reasonable preparation measures that you can take instead
- how to be a good and thoughtful giver
- why protection is important
- how to talk and (re)negotiate when it comes to anal sex
- how to establish trust with the receiver
- what you can do as the receiver to make your experience even better
If you have any burning questions related to dating, sex, and relationships, don’t forget to share them below!
Feeling shy? You can always send the questions in complete confidence to email@example.com. I read every email, and your question may be answered in an upcoming post, video, or podcast!
Want to be kept in the loop and learn more awesome dating tips? Subscribe to my newsletter and never miss an episode!